4.1.13

Holiday In Cambodia

Le Fanciulle (5 of 18).jpg

Greetings from Cambodia!  Or should I say, chom reap suor! 

It's been a week since I got here to do my medical elective and so far it's been great - plenty of local haunts to explore, tuk-tuks to ride in, and lots of tasty tasty food... (of course only on the weekend because I spend the rest of the week at the Children's Surgical Centre).  But today I'm blogging from the bus on my way to Siem Reap where my family and I will be spending the weekend, doing all sorts of touristy stuff like, you know, just checking out Angkor Wat!  I can't wait to get there - be assured there'll be plenty of photos to check out soon.

But first, here are some photos from dinner the other night and our walk by the riverside.  The local food in Cambodia is similar to Thai - read: delicious.  I predict that I will return to Australia rather squishy around the edges.  We're also in no short supply of coconuts (coconut-water addicts, eat your hearts out)!  

Le Fanciulle (14 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (6 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (7 of 18).jpgLe Fanciulle (12 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (11 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (16 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (17 of 18).jpg
Le Fanciulle (18 of 18).jpg

Home sweet home for the next 6 weeks!
Check in soon for some more Cambodia posts, but for now, chom reap lea :)

x T

Remember, you can keep tabs on our travels in Cambodia and Scotland via Instagram if you so desire!
Our usernames are lefanciulle & stephvdm


SHARE THIS POST

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I crave fresh coconut all the time!

    x Sparks In Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been literally having coconut juice at every meal. It's rather addictive, and so much better when it's fresh :)

      Delete
  2. So jealous of your proximity to delicious coconuts and that beautiful pool/lounge area!! Hope you're having a blast over there :)

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.